T-38 For Sale
Northrop T-38A Talon | F-5 A/B Freedom Fighter | SIAI-Marchetti S.21
A Trusted Partner for Aircraft Sales
Thornton Aviation is now offering a NORTHROP T-38A Talon Project, ready for sale or restoration to the customer’s specifications.
This twin engine supersonic aircraft is the last available T-38 in our inventory & is presently in stock military condition with stripped (bare metal) exterior. This aircraft offers superb performance, excellent flight characteristics, and an unmatched safety record in military service.
- T-38A-40 I N338TC
- Northrop Serial No: 5301 USAF Serial No: 61-0935
- Airframe Time: 6479 TTSN
- Engine Times: 1314 TTSN & 3369 TTSN
A complete survey of the aircraft (fuselage & wing) has been already been accomplished: All 225, 450, 900 & 1200 hr NOT inspection requirements (X-Ray, Eddy Current, Ultrasonic) have been completed in accordance with USAF T.O. 1T-38A-3 / -36
This T-38 is the first aircraft ever offered as a project by TAC.
Basic ‘core’ package price is $800,000.
To date TAC has restored four other T-38’s & three F-5A/B’s. These were disassembled and rebuilt to U.S. Air Force standards with all components overhauled/certified including compliance with all safety of flight TCTO’s (service bulletins). Our electronics included the standard T-38 five inch electromechanical instrumentation with Flight Director and Collins Proline radios. Modern digital electronics I EFIS can be substituted if desired. These aircraft are mechanically and cosmetically without peer. Our first completed aircraft was awarded “Grand Champion Warbird” at Oshkosh in 1985. These T-38 and F-5 aircraft overhauled by Thornton Aviation have
proven to be the safest, most reliable and supportable military aircraft available to civilian owners.’
Buyers can look forward to an unmatched standard of mechanical and technical after-sales support. Thornton Aviation also maintains an extensive inventory of spare parts and component assemblies to support our “fleet” of aircraft. Rotable parts can generally be supplied on an overhaul exchange basis.
General Statistics for T-38A:
Length: 46 ft 4 in.
Wingspan: 25 ft 3 in
Height: 12 ft 11 in. Empty Weight: 8,000 lb
Takeoff Gross Weight: 12,700 lb w/dual crew
Powerplant: 2 x GE J-85-13C eight stage, axial-flow, turbojet engines equipped with afterburner
- Standard Day Static Thrust: 2,080 lb. each (MIL)
- Thrust with Afterburner: 3,010 lb. each (MAX)
Maximum speed: Mach 1.3 (858 mph, 1,381 km/h)
Range: 700 NM
Ceiling: 50,000 ft
We recommend the following:
- Removal of all unnecessary military equipment/systems: LOX (liquid oxygen), UHF etc Replacement of Fuel System Fuel Cell Bladders (5 ea)
- Replacement of Windscreen & Canopy(s) Glass Installation of Gaseous Oxygen System
- Installation of New Avionics System incorporating ADS-B Out
- Installation of Overhauled Northrop Improved (Generation 2) Ejection Seats Installation of all New Pyrotechnics
- All Instruments
- Airframe Mounted Gearboxes AC Generators
- Hydraulic Pumps, Selectors & Valves Fuel Boost Pumps
- Landing Gear
- Brakes & Brake System Wheels
- All Flight Control Actuators Nose Steering Actuator Stability Augmenter System AOA System
- Pressurization System Outflow & Safety Valves Environmental Control Unit (ECU)
- Oxygen Regulators Lighting Control Panels
- All Flight & Engine Control Cables All Fluid Carrying Flexible Hoses
- All Instrument & Pitot/Static System Flexible Hoses All Fluid Filters
- Windscreen & Canopy Seals Wing & Aft Fuselage Attach Bolts Main Battery
Trust Thornton Aviation with your aircraft sales needs.
Thornton Aviation prides itself in providing you with
the highest quality aircraft sales services.
To learn more, call (818) 787-0205 or complete the form today.